The report provides an in-depth analysis and comparison of different Geo-ICT companies in Europe and how they relate to INSPIRE.
The study’s primary objectives were:
- Assessing the market potential for Geo-ICT companies in relation to INSPIRE
- Characterizing obstacles for Geo-ICT companies to enter this market, with focus on knowledge gaps and training needs
The study was carried out in four stages:
- Desk research using published statistics to describe the Geo-ICT SME sector and its context
- On-line survey to establish an overview of targeted Geo-ICT SMEs in 12 Member States
- In-depth interviews to establish the detailed circumstances of the targeted Geo-ICT SMEs
- Workshops where results were discussed and validated in a collaborative approach.
The report is available both integral: study on the Geo-ICT sector in Europe (integral) (5555)
and short version: study on the Geo-ICT sector in Europe (short version) (2026)